Leave of Absence without Pay
Effective: Moved to Policy Library from UPM 3.5(7)
Updated/Revised: August 13, 2013
Contact: University Human Resources (UHR)
For non-faculty personnel, this policy clarifies the authority to grant a leave of absence without pay and the maximum length of such leaves. (Faculty: see Faculty Handbook, 4.5.3.)
Requests for non-faculty leaves of absence without pay are to be submitted to departmental administrators. Except when covered by other university policy, based upon departmental needs, the departmental administrator has the discretion to grant leave for up to one year.
Under unusual circumstances, the departmental administrator may extend the leave for an additional year.
- Leave - Paid or Unpaid
- Staffing Guidance for University Breaks
- Staffing Guidance for University Breaks Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty Handbook 4.5.3.
- Organized Merit Classification
- Flex Time
- Office Hours
- Vacation Leave
- Collective Bargaining Agreement (AFSCME Contract)
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Management
- Leave of Absence without Pay [Policy in PDF with line numbers]